Friday, September 16, 2011

every camera I own: a tale of two hassys



I used to think I'd never own a Hasselblad. The combination of cost and technique seemed forbidding and out of reach. But it wasn't too long after I started revisiting photography in earnest that I had the opportunity to buy a vintage Hasselblad 500CM, with a snazzy finder, at a good price.
my sassy hassy
December 2005.

It's the best camera I've ever had, maybe even better than the 503CW I switched it out with about a year later. Just looking through the viewfinder and the Hasselblad glass was a pleasure.

angie's new leaf
January 2006. From the first roll I shot with my first Hassy.


 I've made some of my best photos with it, including the shot that makes up the background image of this blog.

St. Augustine, 2007
With it's "normal" 80mm lens, it's also an excellent portrait setup.


tosca zoppe
Tosca Zoppe, Little Italy, New York, 2006


neighbor
Bill, Portland, Oregon, 2006

the lowest point in america
The Lowest Point in America, Key West, 2006.  I had no idea what I had when I made the shot, but look at the large view here


I took the Hassy 503CW back to Florida last month.

164047-R2-E020


76540001


76540003

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You make beautiful music together! Forward Julien to me please-tastiest baby ever.

Anonymous said...

You really have gotten some nice photos from your Hasselblads!